Short-Term Scholars must:
- Be a professor or research scholar or someone with similar education and or experience.
Educational enrichment: Participants collaborate on special research projects, teach a semester at a college or university, or lecture, consult or observe in a variety of settings in education and research in the United States.
- The maximum duration of stay is six months;
- No program extension will be considered; and
- No change of category will be considered.
Sponsors are required to:
- Screen and select qualified foreign nationals to carry out exchange initiatives;
- Monitor the visitor’s stay while in the United States and assist with any issues that may occur;
- Ensure that the foreign national is successfully carrying out the responsibilities for which entry to the United States was granted;
- Ensure that exchange visitors are involved in cross-cultural programs where they can learn about the United States and its people;
- Maintain SEVIS records;
- Ensure that the exchange participants and his/her dependents, if any, are covered by health insurance; and
- Ensure that exchange visitors have sufficient finances to participate in the program and to support their spouse and dependents, if any.